MANITOBA PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM (MPNP)
Qualified applicants will receive a Manitoba Provincial Nomination, which will expedite permanent residence application process.
MPNP provide following categories:
- Priority Assessment Stream
- Employer Direct Stream
- International Student Stream
- Family Support Stream
- General Stream
- Immigration Program for Business
- Immigration Program for Young Farmer
- Strategic Recruitment Initiatives
Manitoba Employer Direct Stream
- Employer has been unable to fill the position with a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Offering full time, permanent position; and
- Offers compensation consistent with regional wages and existing collective bargaining agreements.
Manitoba International Student Stream
- Graduated from a post-secondary program in Manitoba of at least 1 academic year;
- Successfully applied for a post-graduation work permit from CIC; and
- Currently working in Manitoba and have received a full-time, permanent employment offer from their employer.
NOTE: Starting in 2011, applicants who graduate from a Manitoba post-secondary educational program of at least two academic years will be able to apply immediately to the MPN in advance of receiving an employment offer.
Manitoba Family Support Stream
- Age of 21 and 49;
- Minimum of a 1 year post-secondary education or training program and received a diploma, certificate or degree;
- Minimum of two years work experience over the past five years; and
- Sufficient language skills to be employable upon arrival in Manitoba.
Manitoba PNP General Stream
- Proof of a close family member in Manitoba;
- Two Affidavits of Support from distant relatives or close friends in Manitoba;
- Evidence of a completed education program in Manitoba (non-language training) or;
- Proof of at least six months previous full-time work in Manitoba.
Manitoba PNP Immigration Program for Business
- Minimum personal net worth of CDN $350,000;
- Minimum equity investment in Manitoba of CDN $150,000;
- Demonstrate at least 3 years of business experience or extensive experience in senior management of a successful company; and
- CDN $75,000 deposit to the Government of Manitoba, guaranteeing the establishment or purchase of a business in Manitoba within 2 years of obtaining a Permanent Resident. The deposit is returned withouth interest once the proposed business and investment in Manitoba have been undertaken and the nominee is living in Manitoba.
Manitoba Young Farmer Nominee Program
- Minimum personal net worth of CDN$150,000 (after relocation to Manitoba);
- Minimum equity investment of CDN$150,000 in Manitoba;
- Minimum of 3 years of farm ownership or farm management experience; and
- Principle applicant must be under 40 years of age.
Manitoba PNP Strategic Recruitment Initiatives
- Letter of invitation to apply from the MPNP as part of an MPNP targeted promotional initiative;
- Adult dependent of an approved Provincial Nominee who does not meet the criteria to be included on the nominee's application; or
- Support of an ethnocultural community organization or a regional economic development organization in Manitoba that will help candidates arrange an exploratory visit that has been pre-approved by the MPNP.
Manitoba recently announced new Strategic Program for U.S. residents. The Manitoba government selects candidates for immigration based on their job and English language skills and ability to settle as permanent residents of Manitoba.